Re: What should I do? to Natalie

Mon Feb 11 22:31:14 2002

Caroline,

I think that you have totally misunderstood what Jo told Natalie. I believe Jo sent Natalie this message prior to reading your response...but I am not sure. I do believe that she was telling Natalie that the "diagnosis" or information given to Natalie by her doctors was full of holes...not the information you provided her. I do not believe for one moment that Jo was being disrespectful...I don't know maybe you think I am disrespectful by saying that I don't think you or anyone else (so that I clarify the word you...this is addressed to anyone and everyone) should have more surgery unless it is a medical emergency. I am sorry that you have the feelings that you do. I am really sorry that you felt the need to attack Jo's website since it is something that will provide much needed information to those adhesion sufferers from "downunder", many of whom are my friends. So often we Americans have a holier than thou attitude...including myself...and think that everything we have here is better than what is offered elsewhere when we really have no clue. I feel bad that you have misconstrued what Jo was saying especially when she wasn't addressing your statement at all. Why do we so often rush to conclusions and make attacks on people that only serve to hurt, when our best course would be to reread statements and take a day if needed to rethink things. Wasn't there just a post from Sally (sorry Sally) where she inadvertently thought someone had sent a political message to the board when in fact it had been sent to Sally privately? Everyone jumped to attack that person who sent the message rather than looking at the facts. Caroline, I don't want to be attacking you for misinterpreting Jo....but I must say that I am ashamed. This seems to happen all too often on this board, and its a big reason why I stopped participating for so long. We need to be more judicious in choosing our words and take a moment to think before we take action.

--
Karla

Somewhere up in the stars................. My angel and me!

http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001 http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

> ----- Original Message ----- From: Caroline102270@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 10:20 PM Subject: Re: What should I do? to Natalie

Natalie- The article I sent you was from "the international journal of gynecological oncology" which of course very reliable. Every time post, there always seems to be someone on here that has to contradict any/and everything that someone else has to say. Plz. keep this in mind. I think that some of you and Y0OU KNOW WHO YOU ARE need to be a little more respectful of others input on this site. You think you know it ALL, and maybe you do..but it is very discouraging to log on and check my email with something derogatory about what anyone else other than you has to say. as i have found MANY "holes" in the website from DOWN UNDER. So I am through with this board, so the "Austrailian Doctor" can take over from here. Caroline

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: