Re: I have alot of hope...

Thu Feb 21 06:43:59 2002

Dear Helen:

Boy, I'm happy to hear you are okay, and I'm sorry about the pain. I will continue to pray that you heal well, and that the nasty pain goes away, for good. Please rest, and take care of yourself!

Hugs,

At Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Helen Dynda wrote: >
>Dear IAS Friends,
>
>After my January 16th surgery, Dr. Korell told me, "You were right.!" I DID have adhesions in the areas that I had indicated to him prior to my surgery!! 1.) Adhesions had attached the area around my navel to the omentum. Dr. Korell lysed these adhesions and used SprayGel between my upper abdominal wall and omentum. 2.) I also had adhesions attaching my bowel in the lower right pelvic area to the peritoneum. I have alot of hope that these procedures will be successful; but I also know that it is much too soon to know for sure!!
>
>The abdominal revision has been especially painful!!! Dr. Korell removed scar tissue from the lower part of my laparotomy incision from 1970. To do this he made an incision (in a bikini cut) about ten inches long and removed about two inches of abdominal tissue. He told me that I may continue to have pain in the lower abdominal area; because any time an incision is made, nerves are also severed. Scar tissue is known to result from any incisions made. In time, as nerves regenerate, the nerves will try to follow their previous pathway - but will be unable to penetrate the newly formed scar tissue. Then as a result the nerves will mis-fire...causing pain because of the "entrapped nerves" - basically what I've been dealing with for the past 32 years.
>
>* * * * *
>
>[]>These are the summaries of the two surgeries that I had while I was in Germany:
>
>Diagnosis: Chronic pain/adhesions/abdominal scar tissue formation
>
>Therapy: Laparoscopy/adhesiolysis/Second look laparoscopy/abdominal revision.
>
>1.) Operation report (Summary)...January 16, 2002
>
>This lady suffers from chronic pain in the lower abdomen. There were only very few adhesions after extensive adhesiolysis one year ago. Complete adhesiolysis was performed. No other abnormal findings inside the abdomen. Application of Spray Gel to prevent recurrence of the adhesions.
>
>Revision of the abdominal wall and excision of painful scar tissue. Careful mobilizing of the subcutaneous layer to allow appropriate healing.
>
>* * * *
>
>2.) Operation report (Summary)...January 25, 2002
>
>After endoscopic adhesiolysis with use of Spray-Gel - attachment of the omentum to the lower abdominal wall. Spontaneous separation by bringing the patient into Trendelenburg position. Massive rinsing and instillation of Intergel solution.
>
>* * * *
>
>Please accept my apology for not responding to messages directed to me; and I want to thank all of you for your prayers and messages of concern.
>
>Love, Helen D.

--
csheedy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: