Stacy

Mon Mar 4 07:29:23 2002

Hi Stacy:

I've read your posts, and I am from Toronto. Welcome to you and all the other new people to the forum.

If I read you initial post correctly, you have ovarian cancer. What type of cancer is it, and did they remove any organs? Do you have PCOS? The reason I ask is that I have done a bit of research into this, and I may (possibly) be able to help a wee bit.

I'm 39, and had a laparotomy to remove a 14cm benign tumor, a cellular (bizarre) ovarian fibroid and my ovary in April 2000. Since then I've had to deal with quite a bit of pain, though thankfully not as much as some others face. I have difficulty digesting food, and most of my 'devil pain' occurs when the food doesn't seem to want to pass. I feel full a lot of the time, but I eat as well as possible to stay healthy. My caloric intake is about 1/3 of what it was before the surgery, but I keep gaining weight (although technically I'm not overweight yet). I guess it's because I can't really do much activity, especially on my bad days. I can't plan with my family to do things because I never know how I'll feel. Sometimes I feel real good, and then I either swear that I'm cured or I wonder if it's all in my head.... ;-)

I have a diagnostic laparoscopic surgery scheduled for Wed. I see a gyn who's associated with Etobicoke General. I don't know if he's good (although he is really nice) as there is no way in Canada to check out a Dr. I tried, but all the associations said they couldn't help me out. For many years I always seemed to get hemmorhagic ovarian corpus leutum cysts, but noone seemed to care. Guess what was in the tumor that they removed? I don't know why women who don't have polycystic ovaries get hemmorhagic cysts. They do hurt when they burst.

I hope that you find some of the answers that you are looking for. Keep reading and posting, and we'll do what we can to help you. I'll keep you in my prayers. Hugs.

--
Clare

--
csheedy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: