Re: GERD/ reflux causing adhesions?

Tue Mar 5 20:42:10 2002

Hi Jill,

I am not aware that reflux can cause adhesions, but reflux is another symptom often associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. My husband has suffered extreme IBS for years and I am very familiar with it, I was the one that mentioned the vomitting at night... but mine is associated to pain, not reflux, BUT it still has that foul acrd taste to it & stay's on your breath for ages sometimes.

IBS is often diagnosed in adhesions patients, because the adesions are usually wrapped around, or attached to our bowel at various points, it changes the natural progression through that organ....causing everything to slow down and back up.... Migraines are also associated with IBS as well as being a possible side affect suffered by ARD sufferers, because these dreadful headaches can be brought on by digestive & stomach ailments.

If you look at traditional Chinese medicine all of the organs I have mentioned are associated and if there is an "inbalance" in those areas then the symptoms that present are IBS, Migraine as well as chronic pelvic pain.

I actually believe that my husband actually is an ARD sufferer too, and that his severe IBS is actually adhesions causing restrictions or completely pulling the bowel out of shape. Shane had his appendix burst on the operating table at the age of 18 mnths, he was rushed back for "adhesions" surgery sometime later. He has had every test you can think of "top" and "tail" many times over, but NEVER in all that time has anyone performed a diagnostic laperascopy on him..... makes you wonder doesn't he. In fact if you visit the Australian Adhesions site at http://www.bombobeach.com you will find "Zac's Room" it is the story of a young New Zealand boy who endured many surgeries at an early age.... he is now experiencing severe constipation problems and has to have regular "flushes" to clean out his bowel. I actually think that there are MANY parallels between Zac's story and Shane's.

Well.... LOL as usual a very long winded answer to your question.... sorry Jill... as you can tell I am rather pationate about this subject and actually work most of my days towards improving the knowledge of sufferers and the medical profession... I am also working on the Australian Government following in the footsteps of others who have already started the process in the USA.

I hope I haven't frightened you away! Love & gentle hugs, Jo http://www.bombobeach.com

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer
reaching out to help others.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: