Chrissy from Sally

Sun Mar 10 13:45:54 2002

Ah, my dear friend, Young people started coming to me through my step-son years ago. Although he was developmentally disabled he hated the class. He felt "put down". The part of his brain that was removed and the radiated part ( with cobalt )left him unable to read, write, tell time, add, subtract, etc. But those are all specific conceptual things falling within the same category, if that makes sense.

Anyway, he just always did what he wanted to do, He's so stuborn. Wonder where he gets that? Anyway, he started bringing home kids and some of them stayed. We had to work out a few details, but most didn't have parents or parents who cared. Most moved on as Brian grew up. They were actually a big help to me as I was working, too, at the time in a "high faluting" career. They helped feed him and dress him, got him to the bus on time ,etc. Anyway, a few became family members and it just stuck.

I still was trying to have a baby, and it has hurt when they have left. Some come back and keep in touch, like Beth Rose will be here the end of the month. She's so smart she's incredible. Melissa worked here for two years instead of wondering away and now is in New Zealand with her boy friend running kayaking trips. She can organize the whole thing from what she has learned here. So a part of me that is empty is partially filled.

I sound so ungrateful. I'm so happy to have "my family" But I had to learn that they are "not mine'', I guess that's true of all kids, but the blood tie is stronger and permanent.

Anyway, guess what? We have twin lambs, born during the night. So cute, cute, cute. I'm a mess because the mother insisted on taking them up on the mountain under the bushes where the lions and coyotes, etc can get them. So I had to go up and carry them down, all blood and guts, the eagles and hawks were flying around plus a wild turkey. The sheep accepted me, but went for my helper, who fled of course. I would have, too. Nobody wants to get butted. Anyway, all the sheep and alpaca are in the post birthing pasture. There's more on the way. And all the people from New Zealand are going to say, So What? What's one more sheep, we have 20 million LOL> Love, kisses, hugs, prayers, Sally

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Chrissy492@aol.com To: lostcst@mcn.org Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2002 12:09 PM Subject: Re: from Sally

Hi sweets, I didn't know that you had a foster daughter! Good for you and where the hell do you find the strength and energy for all that you do? I am amazed at your strength and spirit with all the ka-ka you are going through, just amazed! You are a good testimony for people in our condition for sure. Stay sweet my bestest friend in CA. Love you, ~Chrissie xo's

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: