My doctor wont do surgery yet...Help!

Sun Mar 10 19:49:45 2002

Hi everyone,

I have been in pain for the last 7 months or so. I had a lap last summer and my doctor removed adhesions from a PID infection. A few months later the pain returned and got worse. I have switched gyn's a few times and just saw my new one last week. I told him I wanted him to do another laparoscopy and check for endo again. He told me I should stay on the drugs I am currently taking (neurontin) and start taking a birth control pill and one anaprox every day for two months. I will be taking five pills a day!

I know that the birth control will probably help regulate my cycles, but all the drugs are just going to cover up my pain from the adhesions, right? I told him that I have been having bowel problems and bad pain on my left side where my small bowel is, and he just said try the drugs first. I am worried that I have some sort of small bowel obstruction. He did say that if the pain isn't better in two months then we will talk about another surgery.

I just dont' know what to do. Two months seems like a long time to "wait and see". I asked him if he's used any adhesion barriers before and he said yes, but he feels they do not really work. Any advice for me??

Thanks, Susan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: