Re: glad to find this message board

Fri Mar 22 06:03:22 2002

Dear Candy, Welcome! Most pain patients don't become addicted to the meds. I have been on meds for several years. with about 4 months off after I have had surgery. My dr has always told me that she would help me get off meds when the time came, but, I have always done it myself. After surgeries, I just didn't need very much of them, and then needed none. I did have a hard time comming off the Duragesic patch a couple of years ago, but that was because I kept having leg spasms after I took the patch off for the last time. I am currently on 600 ibuprofen 2 x day, vicodin 10 mg 8-10 a day & MS Contin 30 mg 2 x day. My problem is that I still have pain. I am raising money to return to Germany for more surgery. Last time, my adhesions were reduced & I have had another surgery since then, but I want a speciallist to do any further surgeries on me. Hope this information was helpful

--
robin

At Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Candy wrote: > >I'm so glad to have found this message board. I have had several >surgeries for adhesions. I've had one with a colonectomy, and I had a >tumor removed from the out side of my stomach. It was 9cm. I had a >kidney stone last year, and every since then I have had lower abdominal >and flank pain. It has just gotten worse the last couple of months. I >have been off work since Feb 21st. I just got finished with a urology >consult. I went through all the test's including a C-T scan which >showed nothing. Now my internist is sending me to a surgeon today. I >don't want another surgery, but can live with this pain either. My doc >must thinkthink that I am going to be in pain for a long time because he >gave me 100 Vicodine with one refill. It says that I can take 1-2 every >6hrs. I tried to stick to one, but it just didn't work. I'm afraid of >getting addiced to them. Has anyone been addicted to the drugs you have >to take for this pain? I'm really scared about this. I also have >fibromyalgia, which is a double whammy!!!!. Thanks for listening to me. >It's good to have message boards like this so we can vent. Soft hugs to >all!!! > >-- >Candy >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: