Re: new hope for nerve entrapment- I'm listening!!!

Sun Mar 24 19:57:25 2002

Dear JoAnne:

Boy did my brain waves perk up after seeing your e-mail. I felt I had no where to turn as I am afraid to have surgery because of the entrapment of nerves or nerve damage which my PS believes is on the ilio-hypogastric nerve which is causing all the pain under my right rib. It is esculating to the point that I am not able to keep the pain under control and thus making my quality of life nil; I am able to do less and less without the knife-like pain starting and feel as though it is becoming worse and worse as the weeks go by. Actually this is all a guess so far and I'm not sure how they can tell if I have nerve entrapment by adhesions, plain old nerve damage, or if it could just be the adhesions. The Neurometer test that was done on me seemed very primative and that there has to be a better test to tell exactly what is going on in that area. He wants to send me for a bone scan, but once again, I'm not sure if this the route to go. I just question everything they tell me now and feel I have to be the one informed so that I can question the why's and if's of everything they want to do to me.

Please tell me about the radio? One PS wants to send me to a surgeon to deaden the never permanently and the other PS said that this doesn't work very long and that the nerve he wants to kill is too far down from the rib area to be of any good to me. The second PS did want to refer me for something like you're talking about (something implanted in your body that will transmit radio waves that will counteract the pain). Said it only costs about 20 grand - that's all!!!!!

If you have any information to share with me, and have the time, would you mind sharing it with me.

In Friendship,

Helen Chalmers

> After 2 trips to Dr. Korell, I am so greatly improved. In fact, I
> believe that my adhesions are gone. However, I was one of the unlucky
> ones who got nerve entrapment as well as massive adhesions. Dr. Korell
> removed the top of the vaginal wall twice now (the location of my
> neuroma) and each time it grows back! I am sure that you can all relate
> to that one. I started on 10 Methadone pills a day and am now down to
> 4. Then I heard about radio frequency. I had a hypogastic block done 2
> weeks ago to see if I am a candidate. I had complete relief from the
> pain for about 20 hours. This was only done as a diagnostic tool. It
> does not relieve the pain for long. Anyway, because I had relief, I am
> now scheduled for the radio which is going to be done on April 2nd. The
> brochure says that it burns the nerve and that it should give me total
> relief, but the nerves may regenerate and I may need to have it repeated
> someday. Yhis sounds too good to be true!!I'll keep you posted. Prayers
> would be grealy appreciated. I just can't imagine that this may be the
> end of the road for me. i am so sick of being on pain meds. My mind is
> foggy and my bowels are slow (to say the least).
>
> --
> Lots of love and support to all, Joanne
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: