Continual Adhesion Development

Mon Mar 25 09:01:30 2002

In April, 2000, I had a ruptured diverticulm that caused accute pertintonitis. I was given an emergency colostomy. In November, 2000, the colostomy was taken down. I was recently diagnosed with a peritoneal cyst, and have been told that surgery on me again could cause a possibly permanent ileostomy. No way do I want to do this! I am in no pain, and wouldn't have known about this cyst if it hadn't been for a routine trip to my gynecologist. I feel like leaving it there as long as it is not cancerous. I am 41, and would rather feel some discomfort than wear a bag for the rest of my life. Has anyone else had a similar experience with a large cyst and massive adhesions?

I am wondering, now that it has been a year and a half since my second surgery, and two years since the peritonitis, are my adhesions through developing or do adhesions continue to develop for years after surgery. I word out with a personal trainer every week. Will this help me keep the adhesions from taking a strangle-hold on my organs? Is there anything I can do at this stage to make the adhesions more pliable?

--
Mary S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: