You need to know...

Sun Mar 31 16:56:04 2002

On March 30, 2002 I not only posted the article, "UK doctors warned about post-op adhesions"; but I also sent it to Bev. Bev responded by saying: "Did you know that this Dr. Ellis wrote the book on post surgcial adhesions? I mean, he was the FIRST surgeon to make mention of them and try to find an effective surgical resolution. He is retiring at this time. Dr. Reich went to the UK as the guest speaker at his retirement party last week!"

I hope that because the title of the article mentioned UK (United Kingdom) doctors, that this did not keep you from reading the article, "UK doctors warned about post-op adhesions." Post-op adhesions are not only a concern in the United Kingdom (UK) but also in the United States. Doctors/surgeons NEED to warn their patients about the risk of post-surgical adhesions!!! When contemplating a surgical procedure, patients NEED to know what the risks are!! Make sure that you know - before agreeing to a surgical procedure - what the risks are!!!!!

I am wondering if anyone has actually tried to sue a surgeon for not explaining the risks of surgery to them. Apparently this has been happening in the UK; and in this article Dr. Ellis has warned UK surgeons that "surgical complications are a growing source of litigation."

If you haven't read this article, I hope you will. To be forewarned is to be forearmed!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: