Fwd: I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA!

Mon Apr 1 08:14:42 2002

X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000

Close your eyes...And go back...

Before the Internet or the MAC Before semi automatics and crack Before SEGA or Super Nintendo...

Way back...

I'm talking about hide-and-go seek at dusk. Red light, Green light. Playing kickball & dodge ball until your porch light came on. Mother May I? Red Rover Hula Hoops Running through the sprinkler Happy Meals

Wait...

Watching Saturday Morning cartoons Fat Albert, Road Runner, Smurfs, Picture Pages, G-Force & He-Man Wonder Woman & Super Man Underoos Playing Dukes of Hazard Catching lightning bugs in a jar Christmas morning... Your first day of school Bedtime Prayers and Goodnight Kisses Climbing trees Getting an Ice Cream off the Ice Cream Truck A million mosquito bites and sticky fingers Jumping down the steps Jumping on the bed Pillow fights Running 'til you were out of breath Laughing so hard that your stomach hurt

Being tired from playing... Your first crush... Rainy days at school meant playing "Heads up 7Up" in the class room. Remember that?

I'm not finished yet...

Kool-aid was the drink of summer Toting your friends on your handle bars Wearing your new shoes on the first day of school Class Field Trips When nearly everyone's Mom was at home when the kids got there. When a quarter seemed like a fair allowance, and another quarter a miracle.

When any parent could discipline any kid, or feed him or use him to carry groceries, and nobody, not even the kid, thought a thing of it. When your parents took you to McDonalds and you were so cool. When being sent to the principal's office was nothing compared to the fate that awaited a misbehaving student at home.

Basically, we were in fear for our lives but it wasn't because of drive-by shootings, drugs, gangs, etc. Our parents and grandparents were a much bigger threat! And some of us are still afraid of them!!! Didn't that feel good, just to go back and say, "Yeah, I remember that!" There's nothing like the good old days! They were good then and they're good now when we think about them. share some of these thoughts with a friend who can relate, then share it with someone that missed out on them. I want to go back to the time when... Decisions were made by going "eeny-meeny-miney-mo" Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming, "do over!" "Race issue"; meant arguing about who ran the fastest. Money issues were handled by whoever was the banker in "Monopoly" Catching the fireflies could happily occupy an entire evening. It wasn't odd to have two or three "best" friends. Being old, referred to anyone over 20. The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex was cooties. Nobody was prettier than Mom. Scrapes and bruises were kissed and made better. It was a big deal to finally be tall enough to ride the "big people" rides at the amusement park.

Getting a foot of snow was a dream come true.

Abilities were discovered because of a "double-dog-dare"

Spinning around, getting dizzy and falling down was cause for giggles.

The worst embarrassment was being picked last for a team.

Water balloons were the ultimate, ultimate weapon.

Older siblings were the worst tormentors, but also the fiercest protectors.

If you can remember most or all of these, then you have LIVED!!!! Pass this on to anyone who may need a break from their "grown up" life...

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: