Re: Hope all is well

Thu Apr 4 09:15:22 2002

Hi Dee:

I think we all go through periods of depression. That's the kicker about chronic pain - there are times when it just plain old sucks.

Dee, are you new to the forum? If so, welcome. No, you're not nuts. If you are in a syndrome of pain, then yes depression is part of it. We are here for you. You can come here to ask questions and vent, and we will do our best to help you out. Please remember that we are not doctors, just adhesion sufferers, but we are part of a group that assists each other through the rough times. We also share jokes as laughter certainly helps!!

I've been around this forum for a few months, and I've noticed that every now and then people leave for a while, and then return. I worry for them, as I wonder if they are going through some depression. There are many stages that we go through, and it seems to me that it's a cycle where things get a bit better and then a bit worse. What keeps me going through the rough times is telling myself that it will get better....

For me, I try to focus on the good things - my family, friends, and the things that I am able to do. Please don't misinterpret me - I have my pitty parties too. I do find that coming to the forum helps, as it gets my mind off myself. Work helps. When I feel down or frustrated I often find myself writing in my journal (what a dark read it must be LOL!). I guess what I do is let myself have the pity party, and then try to stop.

I don't know if any of this will help you, but I'm sure that there is someone else with better advice to give you. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone.

Hugs,

--
Clare

At Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Dee wrote: > >I have been reading all the e-mails and take comfort in the words >because it proves that I'm not totally crazy about this pain being >constant. I haven't been answering or joining in because I've been in >my own little wierd world here and really haven't felt like talking to >ANYONE! Does anyone else go through this depression? I am generally a >very happy person but here lately I feel as though I've been scraped off >the bottom of someone's shoe! Oh well, woe is me. Sorry to unload on >you all but you are my only release! Thanks for listening! > >-- >Dee >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: