I have returned to the board, if I can ever be of any moral support to those whom suffer from adhesions.

Sat Apr 6 18:33:35 2002

Good Evening, to all my "old" friends on the board, and those of you that are new. Quite some time ago, I found this board, and was thrilled when I did. For reasons I would not like to disclose at this time I found my way off of here and into a different part of my life.

However, I found all of you when I was in desperate need of a doctor or moral support and some answers that I didn't quite understand having to do with female surgeries prior to becoming a memeber of this great board. The reason I have chosed to return is to help those of you that now suffer from adhesions and to let you know that there is help, as well as I am one of the few success stories. When I was dealing with my pain and agony I used to think there was no way out nor any hope.

Finding Dr. Redan and Dr. Gerhart in Scranton over a year ago now, were my true blessing in disguise, little did I know it then. I won't go into where my story began, as I will save that for the quilt. On March 23, my husband, myself and my parents found our way to Scranton for what would be a successful operation (adhesiolysis, cholesystectomy, and appendectomy). The doctor's even kept me for about 36 hours in the hospital, I was in much agony after surgery. The jest of the story is "I am a SUCCESSFUL" adhesiolysis patient and it does work. It may cost a lot of money, and endure travel, and other costs. But, the doctor's in PA know there work and they don't mess around.

I understand that not all of us heal the same way, and some of us may take more surgeries than others for some reason. It took one prior surgery (not performed by the doctor's in PA) prior to March 2001. I am very grateful to have found this website when I did, and I will always give positive feedback on "MY" experience there. And MINE alone.

I would be happy to correspond with others that feel they are at a loss, and give any information or feedback that may help those. You were all here when I need you most, then I left you and that was wrong. I am back, and I am not looking for anything, other than to help others, and return the favor.

Love to one and all

Karen C.

--
Karen Carter

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: