Re: Has Any One Tried Myofascial Release???

Thu Apr 18 06:28:37 2002

At Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Tish wrote: >
>At Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Christina wrote:
>>
>>What is it? Hugs, Christy
>>
>>At Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Tish wrote:
>>>
>>>My Latest Dr has suggested that i try Myofascial Release as treatment
>>>for

>>>my Abdominal Adhesions..I wondered if anyone had tried this and what the
>>>outcome was if so..
>>>Thank You So Much for all of the replies i have recieved since i first
>>>posted a message yesterday.
>>>Tish
>As I Understand they use some sort of stretching to release the
>adhesions.
>they told me it is very very painful to get them broken down.HELLISH was
>her words..but if you
>can endure that pain then you would have solved the adhesion problems
>without surgery...I am very skeptical but open to any ideas..to get my
>life back
>also.
>Tish

Well Tish I am a massage therapist ( or was ). What I know about body work is that it is "all in the intentions" of the therapist. There is no need to hurt the patient. It can be very suttle. I have had tons of body work of some kind. My gf worked on me once a week for months and she would not put any pressure on me. You can release a deep muscle if that is your intentions. I would actually be sore in my abdomen like she had went very deep inside me. Hope you all understand what I am saying. Afterwards my bowels would loosen up and I could have a bowel movement. Then I went to a PT and she actually had something that she put inside of me to measure the tightness of my vagina muscles. She taught me how to release them with relaxation. She also worked on my abdomen and wanted me to stretch. I was in misery !!!! Always inflammed and I cried a lot !!!! One good thing came out of weeks of therapy. I can now release a butt muscle if I concentrate. So what ! Could not stretch it caused terrible pain. That is some of my experiences. It did not work for me as far as healing me. It did relax my insides so my organs could work better at times. The more suttle work is called Cranial Sacral massage. Viseral massage. This work is wonderful for a lot that ails people. Ear aches in children, Sinus', viseral (organs) ect... Skip the Chiropractor and go to a crainal sacral worker to put you spine in line. I would like to try "Clear Passages" in Florida. They sound like they are able to really release adhesions. I have sent paperwork to them but have not heard from them. I found it on the forum here. I think it is good to have some abdomenal work done during a massage to keep us from curling up into a ball from everything being so tight. Good luck Tish, Jaynie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: