vaginal scar tissue due to rectal removal/ostomy... extreme pain w/ intercourse

Fri Apr 19 01:32:12 2002

hi.. i'm not sure if anybody can help, but i didn't think it'd hurt to try. i have crohn's disease and in april 2001, i had a colostomy w/ total proctectomy (rectal removal). ever since then i have had extreme pain w/ intercourse. it's so bad that it makes my husband and i not do it too often. at first, we though maybe it was because my uterus had tipped end over end backward after my proctectomy, but i had a uterine suspension in february of this year, and it hasn't seemed to help. my drs seem to think that this is more than likely scar tissue from the surgery and say that my only real option is to use vaginal dilators (essentially vibrators) once a week gradually going up in size to stretch out the scar, or have intercourse like once a week w/ my husband to try to stretch. i was just wondering if anybody had any other suggestions on how to help this at all. also, i can't even imagine trying to give birth when we get pregnant. i assume i will have to have a c-section? thanks for your help.

--
susan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: