Re: Karla - HELP/Sally

Sat Apr 20 10:21:30 2002

Sally, Something tells me you are hurting badly again. Think about what you asked me.... "What about the times when you feel like your abdomen is filling up with adhesions"....now you and I both know when we sit down and think about it that this isn't happening. It may feel like it, but since adhesions only form within that very short period of time after surgery we know that our abdomens aren't filling up with adhesions. My worst pain moments do feel like that and I know what is happening at that time. When my pain gets so intense I know that my bowels are kinked off in some kind of partial obstruction that with time will work its way through. I focus on trying to have a bowel movement because that provides me with the best relief...more than any drug ever could. Once I do have that bowel movement the pain is gone. Sally, I firmly believe that we will know when there is something seriously wrong that will take us to an emergency surgery. My body tells me when there is something different going on....that is something very important that we all need to do....listen to our bodies. We know when a pain is new...we know when we are feeling out of sorts. I have convinced my doctors that I am in tuned to what is going on in my body and for the most part they listen to me. You will know when something is grossly wrong. Until then....tell yourself that having more surgery will only make it worse. Work thru the imaging that I told someone else about the other day...imagine yourself sitting in God's lap....feel his warmth...feel his hugs. He will protect you and guide you. That's all that I can tell you. Your adhesions aren't getting any worse as you are sitting here....they aren't spreading or multiplying. They may be strengthening their bonds but they are not "filling up your abdomen". If your abdomen is so full of adhesions that they can't see their way around...it happened in the first few days after surgery. I am not saying that your abdomen isn't full of adhesions....or that the doctors will be able to see their way around...I am saying that it isn't happening as we sit here. With adhesions its what's done is done. Do you understand? Sally, just smother yourself with love. Take in everyone's good wishes and surround yourself with that on your bad days. That is what I try and do. Surround myself with everyone's love and try not to think about how bad it is. Love you! Karla Sally Grigg <lostcst@mcn.org> wrote: Karla, I need your advice. What about the times when you feel like your abdomen is filling up with adhesions and you want to have an operation before they tell you no, they won't touch you because they can't see what they are doing? Shouldn't we have an operation from a good doctor at this time? That's what I've been thinking that I should do before it gets so bad, no one will do it. Comments? Love, Sally

Yahoo! Games - play chess, backgammon, pool and more

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: