entrapped nerve?

Tue Apr 23 17:51:25 2002

Hi there, I have adhesions on my bowel from my hyst two years ago, that a general surgeon has agreed to go in with the scope, see if he can get, and if not will open me up to get them, as they are causing an awful lot of pain. () Some of you may remember me, I have posted before. I also have pain at the right end of my incision, that gets much worse the more activity I have and also with bowel movements, the pain goes into my groin and hip as well. After a five minute examination the gen.surg tells me he doesn't think there is anything he can do for that area as he thinks it's an entrapped nerve......I asked if he could "release it" and he said the chances were slim, what they usually do is a nerve block, but I also have a life threatening allergy to local anesthetic so I cant' have those. I just wonder if anyone else has had this, I wish the surgeon would just open it and explore it at least, it hurts that much. Thanks for any imput, he is going to use intercede, which I will have to pay for as our hospital doesn't cover it ($300).

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: