Re: Welcome Home, Jo

Tue Apr 30 09:21:26 2002

Okay you are all right! Please understand that I didn't do this to get you all to beg me to stay. I am so tired of being in the middle of the crap, but most importantly, I didn't want to continue to expose this group to the constant garbage.

I believe that we need to form a concensus on how to react to negative postings. My feeling is that if there is an attack on anyone individually or the group as a whole that we totally ignore it and do not respond. (I may need a kick in the butt to remind me as I feel compelled to defend this group and its members.) But, I do have some problems with not responding to some of those posts where the individuals feel ignored. I believe that sometimes we need to hear that we are missing someone who very desperately needs help. I feel that we should look at how they voice this issue to us. If it is handled in a manner that is not attacking, such as Bonnie's was, then we respond. How would we feel if we were in Bonnie's shoes? She was hurting so badly and I believe that she needed to hear that yes, she was having legitimate pain and that yes we really do care. Bonnie made an honest mistake when she wrote to me...as I did the day before. She admitted it, apologized and should now be made to feel as if she is just as much a part of this group as I am. (Bonnie, if you are reading this I am sorry to be making such a big deal out of this...but I do want you to feel welcome) But, should someone write a response that is attacking the group and is very negative I feel that we need to ignore it. You are all right. If we don't respond they will go away.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Karla

Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: