Re: Laparoscopy/Opinions

Wed May 1 04:46:31 2002

Hi Shauna,

I am in Australia, so I can't help you as far as the medical side of things goes.... our medical systems are radically different. Alarm bells started ringing though as I continued to read your post. I know that pain is frustrating, frightening and down right debilitating. My concern lies in the fact that you are urgently seeking a surgical answer to your symptoms. Diagnostic or not a laperoscopy is NOT a procedure to be taken lightly and there are risks! If you are indeed prone to adhesions, while the risks are greatly reduced, a laperoscopic procedure CAN cause more adhesions,increasing your existing pain.

I know it is frustrating and you "feel" as though you are confident of your self diagnosis. The doctors follow certain procedures and protocals for a very good reason..... your safety!

Slow down, take a few deep breaths and continue your research ...... it has taken many years for me to get to the point I am now.... almost without adhesions and greatly reduced pain! :-) I want you to enjoy the lifechanging experience too, but don't be impatient...please, go through all the hoops, as annoying as they are...

I am available to chat with anytime, I have an aussie support site that has an instant message facility on the "note pad" when you check the bottom left corner and it will tell you who else is logged in at the same time. Point your curser on that persons name & you will be able to send them an instant message ;-)

I hope I have been of some help to you, I look forward to your future posts.

--
Love and gentle hugs,
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer
reaching out to help others.