Re: Dear Jo

Wed May 1 22:18:24 2002

Thank you Brockenwing....

You may have already gathered but I choose to always see the cup as half full instead of half empty... life is too short to dwell on what might have been and what happened yesterday..... now I haven't ALWAYS felt this way and after my hysterectomy in 2000 it took a good six months for me to let go of what had happened to me. The first thing I noticed was a change in the severity of my pain, and the next thing I noticed was that I could enjoy life once again....which was just as well!! Because Shane & I had the special privelidge of being involved in the 2000 Sydney Olympics and we had a ball! It was a huge adrenalin rush & even though after a twelve hour shift I returned home bearly able to move....I have priceless memories that I can savour for the rest of my life.

Whether your body is wracked with pain or not.... there is always a way to enjoy life.... if it is sitting in a comfortable chair soaking up the sunshine and delving into a great book....walking hand in hand with a loved one down by the river or beach (my personal favourite) or watching your kids in a school concert or simply playing in the yard.....life is short....get out there and do the best you can.

One of my main role models is my own father, he has 5% circulation in one leg & about 10% in the other, he has degenerative arthritis, back, legs & neck pain and is what I classify as an acute chronic pain sufferer, yet he will still put the smile on the faces of the reception staff at our local Doctors surgery with the jokes he finds from who knows where, he is friendly and seems to have a natural talent for making friends...he is cheeky & embarrasses the life outa me at times...but you know what? Others don't see it as embarrassing.

There are days and nights when my mother has to sleep in the spare bedroom because dad is in too much pain for her to sleep by his side....she can hear his quiet moaning and groaning but in the morning he never mentions it more than to say he had a bugger of a night!

I am feeling better and I know that the surgery has had some benefits for me.... I just want to give it a few weeks for the accident pain to subside before I "officially" tell you how great I am feeling now.... BUT I will never stop visiting my friends here at IAS or at http://www.bombobeach.com because it is my dream that some day, we can all enjoy our lives without pain medication, doctors and indignities caused by some of the tests we endure to get a diagnosis.

I met a fabulaous priest while I was in hospital and I learned so much from him... Father John was one of the few visitors I had during that time, and I will forever be grateful for his fantastic stories and great converstaion.

As for all of you here, I could feel in my heart the prayers and good wishes and thoughts that you sent my way, even though I was terrified going into the operating room, there was still a warm glow in my heart.

love and best wishes to you brockenwing.....and to all of the family here at IAS & bombo, love Jo

At Wed, 1 May 2002, Browkenwing wrote: >
>My My My You have really been through some trying times:-(
>I thought I was the only one that had that kind of crazy
>luck LOL I am so glad that you and your family are OK. You are all in
>my thoughts and prayers! It is good to see you posting again! XOXO
>
>--
>Big Pain Free Hugs To All
> ~Browkenwing~
>

--
Love and gentle hugs,