Adhesions and bowel obstructions

Sun May 5 15:01:06 2002

I guess a stupid question would be the one I don't ask, so here goes. For the past nearly a week, I've been feeling like I don't move my bowels right. It's as if my insides are all jumbled up, and now even the little bit of loose stool I have (very little) doesn't want to come out. I have a funny feeling in the left side, especially. I also feel as if I have no urge to go. My questions are: How is a partial, or a total bowel obstruction diagnosed? How are they treated? Has anyone here ever had a nasogastric tube inserted while they were awake? I am terrified this is going to happen to me!!!! Should I seek out a surgeon, or a gastro, because I hurt so much and feel awful? Do xrays show anything, or do CT scans? I just do NOT want to end up being cut open again. I am TERRIFIED!!!!!!! I went to my family Dr., Thursday. Of course, I was in tears, but I told him I was in discomfort,(it's worse since then.) He didn't even press on my belly, nor did he do a rectal, when I told him it feels like either the rectum is out of place, or that I wonder if maybe the bowels have dropped, due to the hyst in2001. I got NO exam. I asked him to send me for hormone tests,as I feel they are out of whack. He only gave me something for depression. Please help, Please Karla, or Helen, or anyone. Thanks. Pain free hugs to all. Millie.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: