Re: Possible bowel obstruction puts man in hospital, but he solved his own problem!!

Sun May 5 21:45:31 2002

Dear Helen, Karla, and Janice, and everyone here, So many thanks are in order to all of you. I am going to try my utmost to get an appointment with either a gastro, or a surgeon whom I went to, that ordered the upper G.I. for me last June. If I cannot get either one of these, I will most likely hit the emergency room. I am just right now PRAYING that I won't have to have surgery, because we all know what that means... MORE adhesions. Thank you all for caring. Pain free hugs to all. Millie.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Dynda To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 6:36 PM Subject: Possible bowel obstruction puts man in hospital, but he solved his own problem!!

Dear Millie, Karla has given you some really good information about bowel obstructions!! I've never had a bowel obstruction; so I can't share from my experience.

I actually received the following letter from a man; and I have posted his letter several times in the past. If this man was able to solve his own problem, maybe what he did will work for you too.

Possible bowel obstruction puts man in hospital; but he solved his own problem!!

I received a letter from a young man, who had the misfortune of having to spend Easter 2001 in the hospital because of a possible bowel obstruction. Perhaps someone else can benefit as a result of his experience.

He said: "It seems that my assertiveness coupled with my surgeons willingness to let me try solving the bowel obstruction by drinking alot of water --and not eating -- has paid off. I'm passing gas now, have no pain, have eaten some food today without ill effect and am being discharged. "Being very health conscious may have precipitated (caused ) my bowel obstruction and hospital stay. I'm a web developer and use "a specific restaurant" as my office away from home. I may spend 6 - 8 hours a day there with my laptop. Not wanting to eat any of their pastries, I'll typically snack throughout the day on dried fruits and nuts. And before each main meal, I mix fiber powder in water. I also eat a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables.

"It's only from the information you sent that I learned I should be on a low-fiber (low-residue diet) and NOT a high fiber diet!! Obviously, I'll be making a big change in my diet."

If you suffer with frequent bowel problems, perhaps a diet low in fiber (low-residue diet) and drinking at least 6 to 8 - 8oz. glasses of water each day will help you become more comfortable.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: