Re: Doctors, who are very skilled and experienced in adhesiolysis procedures!!!

From: debsiwministry@carolina.rr.com ("debsiwministry@carolina.rr.com")
Mon May 6 21:26:17 2002

Dear Renee: WHAT a SMALL World this is. I also had surgery done by Dr. Steegee. What a nightmare to say the least. From day one until the day I never went back to this man. He has his own protocol and it wasn't in my best interest but in the interest of the research studies he is performing. In fact months later we found out that he used me in one of his studies never even telling us. The surgery that I really needed wasn't done and come to find out it was because he was only doing certain types of surgery for the research study. I ended up having to have emergency surgery for a blockage that he chose to ignore. Find yourself a second opinion and fast. Again what a small world we live in. God Bless Deb -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Monday, May 06, 2002 21:43:18 To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Doctors, who are very skilled and experienced in adhesiolysis procedures!!! In 1993 I had what they said was "almost" cervical cancer. 2 separate procedures were done and I was told they got it all. In 1994, I started hurting, the pain got worse, pelvic pain, excessive bleeding, etc... In 1995 I had lap. surgery and was told everything was clumped together and my left ovary in bad shape. In 1996, the pain started again and I finally consented to a hysterectomy. In 1997, the pain was back. I kept telling myself it was all in my head. Finally, in 1999 I was sent to the University of NC at Chapel Hill to see Dr. Steege. He did lap. surgery and cut loose the adhesions. 2 weeks later I felt wonderful. Eleven months later, the pain was back. I have been to see Dr Steege several times, have tried PT, seeing the Digestive Disease Dr. and everything else he suggested. I am still in pain and its getting worse. I went today for another appt. and told him several times that I think the adhesions are back. I know this pain and its the same!! He says he doesnt think the adhesions are back and wants me to go thru PT again. He said I have "straight back syndrome". I never have back pain until the adhesions are back. Why wont the dr's listen? What can I do? I cant keep going like this, but cant get anything done. Can you please help. Tell me where I need to go (not too far please).
--

Renee Petty

My address is 
1860 Sanders Road
Rock Hill  SC  29730
HM # 803-980-1091

email:  pettytara@msn.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: