OK Everybody - Group Post time

Wed May 8 20:05:31 2002

Hi Girls:

LESIA: My best suggestion to you would be to search the IAS message board archives for "Ashermans Syndrome". I know there have been some posts referring to this in the past, but I have no experience with it myself. We have all found that adhesions should only be tackled by surgeons trained in the least invasive techniques possible to try to avoid new adhesions forming after surgery. It isn't easy to find such a surgeon. Where are you located? Some of our posters have had successful pregnancies with adhesions as well as after adhesiolysis. It is possible. My personal opinon is to educate yourself about adhesions, what they are, what the symptoms can be, what the complications can be, and you have found the best place on the web to do that - right here at http://www.adhesions.org . Good luck, and feel free to ask any questions.

BRENDA: I know some of the people on this board have been unsuccessful in getting disability the first time they try. I am Canadian, so I'm not sure what the rules and regulations are in the US. Search back through the IAS message board archives for posts relating to this. As I told Lesia, the archives hold a wealth of information, and can answer most any questions. Good luck, and hang in there kid.

CLARE: You are not the only one to have this problem - I often wake with a stiff neck and tension headache after a bad pain night. I don't have any solutions. What about a mild tranquilizer/anti-depressant? Just something to relax you a little? Chronic pain patients are prone to depression due to having to deal with the constant pain and the changes to their lives. Could be that is what is causing your tension problems, which is causing your sleeping problems, which is adding to the tension problems. Vicious circle, and one most doctors are familiar with. As for Mary Pomroy, the last I heard was Helen D's post regarding Mary's interview after surgery. Sorry I can't help further.

COLETTE: I was being totally selfish in posting your story and forwarding all the replies to you - I wanted you back here ;) I'm glad you continue to feel good, and hope to catch you on MSN or ICQ real soon.

DEB: Thank you for posting your problems with your legs. I have also been having problems losing the feeling in my legs and falling, and I was blaming these on adhesions, but thought I was over-reacting. Brain fart here - could you refresh my memory on what MPS and RDA stand for? I don't have a weight problem - at 5'2" I weigh 110 maximum. And I have never had problems with ovarian cysts, thank God. My adhesion problems stem from surgery and seat belts.

HELL-YUN: You know my hand is always out to support you Sweetie! Don't ever hesitate to ask, I'll always be there for you. Did you make that phone call? I need to write a letter, can't afford to call much. Hope you are feeling a bit better anyway.

JAN: With the love and support you are showing the ladies here on the site, I know you are earning your special place in Heaven. Way to go girl! Keep up the good fight.

JO: It makes me smile to see you posting again. It will make me laugh to be able to chat with you real-time. I'll e-mail you personally on that other topic you wrote me about. Huggles around the world ;)

ROSIE: Welcome to the best support group for your problems. Most of us here have found that over-the-counter products do not help much when it comes to relieving the pain of adhesions. You might want to try to convince your doctor to send you to a pain management clinic to help you get the pain under control. Good luck.

SALLY: So good to see your posts. Will catch up with you on MSN in just a little bit. Love you, Sweetie.

ANGIE: You may be new to the group, but you have caught on really quickly to what it is all about - sharing with the rest what has and hasn't worked for you. Welcome, and I hope you are having a pain-free day.

SHAWNNA: I don't think I've welcomed you to the group either. My only excuse is that I've been having a bad stretch and haven't had much energy to support the rest of the group. My apologies, and welcome.

TISH: Congratulations on finding a doctor to help. Your positive attitude is a real bonus to the rest of us, and I'm glad you found this wonderful place. Good luck.

TONI: Glad you got through the wedding OK, and good to see you posting again. I keep missing you on MSN - seems when I'm on, you're away :( Catch up with you soon.

And enough is enough. Time to get away from the computer for a while and rest. I went out Monday to do some gardening in my flower beds, and got carried away. Two days later, I'm still paying the price. Gentle pain-free hugs to all.

Nancy in NB

ICQ 9683431

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: