Re: OK Everybody - Group Post time

Thu May 9 17:00:58 2002

Hi Deb:

Thanks for the reply. What are RSD and MPS please? I think I've read something on RSD, but I've never heard of MSP (or have I?) LOL!!

Wishing you pain free moments, hours and days,

--
Clare

At Thu, 9 May 2002, debsiwministry@carolina.rr.com wrote: > >Your not weird...the vessels including lymph vessels and also nerves are >being compressed from the adhesions. When you move in certain positions t >is making it worse. Mine are also worse when I sleep. Also sitting pulls on >the adhesions causing the symptoms to worsen. Swelling in my lower legs >keeps getting worse each day. RSD and MPS can come from even surgery not >including the adhesions. Deb > >-------Original Message------- > >From: adhesions@adhesions.org >Date: Thursday, May 09, 2002 14:37:13 >To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS >Subject: Re: OK Everybody - Group Post time > >Hi Nancy: > >-- > >Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure whether or not my Dr would give me >anything or not, but I'll ask if this doesn't settle down! I'll probably >work on lowering the coffee intake first.... > >I too have problems with loosing the feeling in my right leg and both >hands. My little problem began a couple of months before the tumor was >removed, and has stayed with me the two plus years since the laparotomy. >My right leg swells quite noticeably most days, and no reason was ever >found. I did see a neurologist, and he could touch my elbows and knees >and reproduce the loss of feeling perfectly! He said that he was very >sure that the surgery and the tumor had both dammaged the nerves, but >that to operate would not solve this problem. For some strange reason I >wake up about one night a week with no feeling at all, and I have to >move around to get the feeling back. It's almost like my blood isn't >flowing right or something.(I'm weird, I know)LOL That said, Nancy, your >problem with your legs seems to be quite serious - have you seen a >neurologist? > >Maybe there's something they could do to help you? > >Hugs, > >Clare > >At Wed, 08 May 2002, Nancy E. Hale wrote: >> >>Hi Girls: >> >>LESIA: My best suggestion to you would be to search the IAS message boa d >>archives for "Ashermans Syndrome". I know there have been some posts >>referring to this in the past, but I have no experience with it myself. We >>have all found that adhesions should only be tackled by surgeons traine in >>the least invasive techniques possible to try to avoid new adhesions >>forming after surgery. It isn't easy to find such a surgeon. Where are >>you located? Some of our posters have had successful pregnancies with >>adhesions as well as after adhesiolysis. It is possible. My personal >>opinon is to educate yourself about adhesions, what they are, what the >>symptoms can be, what the complications can be, and you have found the est >>place on the web to do that - right here at http://www.adhesions.org . ood >luck, >>and feel free to ask any questions. >> >>BRENDA: I know some of the people on this board have been unsuccessful n >>getting disability the first time they try. I am Canadian, so I'm not s re >>what the rules and regulations are in the US. Search back through the I S >>message board archives for posts relating to this. As I told Lesia, the >>archives hold a wealth of information, and can answer most any >>questions. Good luck, and hang in there kid. >> >>CLARE: You are not the only one to have this problem - I often wake wit a >>stiff neck and tension headache after a bad pain night. I don't have an >>solutions. What about a mild tranquilizer/anti-depressant? Just somethi g >>to relax you a little? Chronic pain patients are prone to depression du >>to having to deal with the constant pain and the changes to their >>lives. Could be that is what is causing your tension problems, which is >>causing your sleeping problems, which is adding to the tension >>problems. Vicious circle, and one most doctors are familiar with. As fo >>Mary Pomroy, the last I heard was Helen D's post regarding Mary's inter iew >>after surgery. Sorry I can't help further. >> >>COLETTE: I was being totally selfish in posting your story and forwardi g >>all the replies to you - I wanted you back here ;) I'm glad you continu >>to feel good, and hope to catch you on MSN or ICQ real soon. >> >>DEB: Thank you for posting your problems with your legs. I have also be n >>having problems losing the feeling in my legs and falling, and I was >>blaming these on adhesions, but thought I was over-reacting. Brain fart >>here - could you refresh my memory on what MPS and RDA stand for? I don t >>have a weight problem - at 5'2" I weigh 110 maximum. And I have never h d >>problems with ovarian cysts, thank God. My adhesion problems stem from >>surgery and seat belts. >> >>HELL-YUN: You know my hand is always out to support you Sweetie! Don't >>ever hesitate to ask, I'll always be there for you. Did you make that >>phone call? I need to write a letter, can't afford to call much. Hope y u >>are feeling a bit better anyway. >> >>JAN: With the love and support you are showing the ladies here on the >>site, I know you are earning your special place in Heaven. Way to go >>girl! Keep up the good fight. >> >>JO: It makes me smile to see you posting again. It will make me laugh t >>be able to chat with you real-time. I'll e-mail you personally on that >>other topic you wrote me about. Huggles around the world ;) >> >>ROSIE: Welcome to the best support group for your problems. Most of us >>here have found that over-the-counter products do not help much when it >>comes to relieving the pain of adhesions. You might want to try to >>convince your doctor to send you to a pain management clinic to help yo >>get the pain under control. Good luck. >> >>SALLY: So good to see your posts. Will catch up with you on MSN in just a >>little bit. Love you, Sweetie. >> >>ANGIE: You may be new to the group, but you have caught on really quick y >>to what it is all about - sharing with the rest what has and hasn't wor ed >>for you. Welcome, and I hope you are having a pain-free day. >> >>SHAWNNA: I don't think I've welcomed you to the group either. My only >>excuse is that I've been having a bad stretch and haven't had much ener y >>to support the rest of the group. My apologies, and welcome. >> >>TISH: Congratulations on finding a doctor to help. Your positive attitu e >>is a real bonus to the rest of us, and I'm glad you found this wonderfu >>place. Good luck. >> >>TONI: Glad you got through the wedding OK, and good to see you posting >>again. I keep missing you on MSN - seems when I'm on, you're away >>:( Catch up with you soon. >> >>And enough is enough. Time to get away from the computer for a while an >>rest. I went out Monday to do some gardening in my flower beds, and got >>carried away. Two days later, I'm still paying the price. Gentle >>pain-free hugs to all. >> >>Nancy in NB >> >>ICQ 9683431 > >. >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: