Loss of Feeling

Fri May 10 08:06:41 2002

Dear All:

Thanks to all who responded, and the great advice and encouragement.

The worst of all this is that I told my doctor about this four years ago when the pain first started and I first started losing the feeling in my legs. I was driving taxi for 12-18 hours a day at the time, and this was before the adhesions had been diagnosed. I know she realizes that I still have the problem, as I use a cane whenever I go out of the house and when it is bad at home too. The super bad days call for a wheelchair, which I have borrowed from the Red Cross.

I will ask her about a neurologist when I go back in for my follow-up. I see my GP once a month for renewal of my prescriptions, as she will only give me a 30-day supply on each script.

I don't have the swelling very often. Actually, even my hands and fingers don't swell like they used to.But the "tingling" in my legs is almost always there, and at times it feels like a line of fire running down the outside of my calves to the outside edge of the soles of my feet.

The funny part of all of this is that when I get into bed and my hands and feet are cold, Chester knows that outside of the pain I feel OK. If I go to bed with warm feet and hands, I'm sick *LOL*. Seriously, when I don't feel good from something other than the adhesions, my hands and feet are almost burning hot.

As always, thank you to everyone for letting me know that I am not alone. Some days are so difficult to get through that I don't know what I would do if my computer quit working.

Love and hugs,

Nancy in NB

ICQ 9683431

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: