Chronic appendicitis?

Fri May 10 10:46:58 2002

Six years ago, I had a laparoscopy to determine why I couldn't get pregnant. Apparently, my appendix had "leaked" all over my insides and they supposedly removed the adhesions, but didn't remove appendix as they couldn't find it. I continued to "bloat" and have chronic gas-like pains... Doc took me in a month ago to check around to see if a hysterectomy was warranted. It wasn't, but lo and behold he found my missing appendix and many more adhesions. About three days after surgery, I began to suffer with chronic pain in my lower (right) abdomen. Doc told me to take 2 advil. Three weeks later, I couldn't stand it anymore, so he referred me to a general surgeon. I am due to have an appendectomy on Monday. The pain has increased in the last week and I am suffering from constant diarrhea and loose bowels. Has anybody else gone through this? Am I about to undergo another unnecessary surgery? I am tired of being sick all the time and I am tired of feeling guilty for being sick all the time. I get the impression that the doctors think I'm imagining all this and they are just pacifying me. Any advice would be appreciated.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: