Robin from Sally

Sun May 12 17:18:10 2002

My dear friend Robin, you ask" How can you live this way?" Well, basically, there are limited choices. Either you live or you die. If you choose to live then you make the best of what you have. I know its not ideal, and I'm getting crankier than I used to be. I actually used to be fun to be around. But pain works on your mind and its hard to keep being happy, let alone acting happy when you are not. But the alternatives are not great either. So, here we are, just where we were, except that nothing ever remains the same.

There is an old saying, the more things stay the same, the more they change. That never made sense to me, but I think I'm beginning to understand it. I see it in my marriage and in my business and with my family.

We do have hope. We are not terminally ill with a diagnosis of a few months to live. There are discoveries every day. And I've decided to hang on and sometimes nice things happen. For example, we just hired a couple from Montana who owned their own Inn there, a mansion actually. But they hated the weather. They have chosen to come here to California and work for us. They have been here for ten days and I feel wonderful about them. I can see how I can continue the Inn now. Of course there are still problems and the everpresent pain, but hiring them has saved my ability to run my business. That is a good thing, and when that happens, I hold on tight to it, cause good things like that are rare.

It's also good when friends email me and say hello and tell me they care. That helps me get through the day. So Robin, hello and yes, I care about you and hope things get better for you. Love and hugs and great thoughts of brilliant sunsets and sunrises. Love, Sally

P.S. You wanted statistics. Remember, a long time ago I started a survey about reoccuring adhesions. I had not gotten too far into it, when I found some statistics from another study showing that 2/3 of the time, they come back and 1/3 of the time they don't (after laproscopic surgeries). Unfortunately, the survey was lost when my email program was inadvertently programed over and deleted forever. So that's what I've got for statistics. If anybody knows anything else I'm open to hearing it. I've yet to see good doctor statistics, because I don't think they keep them for various reasons. XXXXXXXXXThoses are kisses on your sweet cheek. Ucky, aren't I? Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: