diaphragmatic-hiatal hernia surgery

Mon May 13 18:22:03 2002

I am a soon to be 41 yr old female who at birth had a diaphragmatic/hiatal hernia. It was repaired but its been at least 15 yrs since my last upper GI, seems my mom and dad always made sure that it was kept up on and now they are deceased. My abdomen is an adhesion nightmare with a following appendectomy at age 4. I have been told the sutures used are where the adhesions are and the appendtecomy scar is attached to a bottom rib through scar tissue and adhesions. It never started to bother me until I had some female problems. I have been told lyposuction could be done but they would just come back. I had a PT once try massaging them to loosen the tension. My abdomen doesnt match the rest of my body am very self concious about it. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Im glad I found this website and if anyone has had this surgery please feel free to lean on me for support. I have no valve between my esophagus and stomach so GERD is a problem am taking nexium now. Good health and happiness to all. :)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: