Re: Marilyn

Thu May 30 20:42:17 2002

Hi, Tami. I'm on 300 mg. of Neurontin every 8 hours, just like you. I'm also on 50 mg of desapramine, which I have been taking for some time, about two years on and off, and 200 mg of Celebrax. It was some time before I felt it was making a difference, at least a month or two. (I wish I had kept some sort of pain journal.) I still have a bit of pain mid-month near ovulation but last year my total focus was on the pain and I spent much time lying down and having an intimate relationship with my heating pad.

Of course, I'm not sure if it's Neurontin or all the drugs put together that are helping. After reading the posts on this board, I also am very wary of further surgery, unless it was done by the select few doctors on the East Coast and in Germany who specialize in treating adhesions. I got a couple months break from the pain after I had surgery--laparoscopy with lysis of adhesions--last August. Then it started up with again, as bad as ever. I've read similar stories from other women. That's when the anesthesiologist at the pain clinic here decided to try Neurontin.

Hang in there with the Neurontin at least for a few weeks. I hope you have adequate pain killers as well. I'd be interested in hearing others' experiences with this drug. What kind of side effects have they noticed? Maybe I'm dense, but I don't detect any. Maybe a little blurring of eyesight, but then I'm 46 and have bifocals that I never wear, so who knows? Best of luck, Tami! Keep me posted.

Marilyn

At Wed, 29 May 2002, Tami wrote: >
>Marilyn,
>Thanks for the reply on the Neurontin. What strenth are you on? I am on
>300mg every 8 hours since about 2 weeks ago. How long before you felt
>the difference? Are you taking it with anything else? At this point I am
>willing to give anything a try vs more surgery, which is probably
>enevitible for me. Thanks for any info you can share.
>Tami

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: