Re: new to board

Fri May 31 17:48:47 2002

Dear Susan:

Welcome to the IAS forum, where you'll find others who know how you feel and understand what you are experiencing....

Yes, a lot of us have endo as well as adhesions. I believe that endo can cause adhesions, as well as the hyst you had. The oopherectomy was probably the biggest curprit though (I'm not a Dr, just my opinion). Some of us have had surgery for obstructions (not me though).

There is a new gel named Spraygel that is being used in adhesiolysis by Dr. Korell in Germany, and I think the cost of this surgery with him including your airfare and accomodations is about $7,000.00 US. Robin, am I right on this? A few of our group have had this surgery lately, and I think some have had good results this far. Has anyone heard from Mary Pomroy lately?

Please search the archives for more information. Just type in Helen Dynda or Karla Nygren and you will find a wealth of information about adhesions. Also, please visit the quilt, and you will read stories that are so like yours that you will no longer wonder if you are the only one in thee world who feels like this!

Please feel free to post your questions, and we'll do our best to help you. If you don't get a response right away, please understand that at times it seems like we are all hurting at the same time and just can't find the wherewithall to answer. If you feel the need to rant - go ahead, we all do it from time to time! You have just found a very kind and helpful group of people to support you and hold your hand when you need it.

In friendship,

--
Clare

At Fri, 31 May 2002, Sushi wrote: > >i haven't have time to read all of the previous posts but i am here >seeking support and knowledge. after seeing some titles of posts, are >there endo sufferers here? i am 3 years post hysterectomy and >oopherectomy. have had several bowel obstructions one requiring >surgery. wondering if anyone here has yet used any of the new gels >approved to prevent adhesions after surgery? is it possible to have >surgery JUST to clean out adhesions and to use this gel? i have chronic >partial obstructions and live in fear (as i am sure many here do). > >hello and hoping to learn somethinh helpful though this board. > >susan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: