adhesion surgery

Sat Jun 1 00:51:17 2002

Hi everyone My name is flick. I'm a guy and i posted for the first time a few days ago. I had laprascopic surgery to remove my gallbaldder a year and a half ago and have been in worse pain than before the surgery ever since. I don't seem to have any bowel or digestive problems, just crampy and achey and burning pain in the internal areas where they did the surgery. It hurts worse after exercise and sometimes after eating, although the pain after eating has gone down quite a lot in the past year. I don't take pain pills but became addicted to xanax which i took for anxiety after the surgery did not seem to heal well. I got off those devil pills 8 mos. ago and the withdrawal syndrome was very difficult in itself. I wrote to the surgeons group in Pa. which specailizes in adhesions. Dr. gerhardt called me back and we talked for quite a while. He told me that they have an 80 per cent success rate with adhesion removal surgery with the adhesions not returning. Is this just a sales pitch, or is there really a chance of getting rid of this adhesion pain with another surgery, He said that in the past, the adhesions would return, but that they have a way of doing it now to avoid this happening very often. I am naturally afraid of having another surgery, since the original one has practically ruined my life, but if there is a good chance of elininating the tightness and pain, it might be worth it to improve the quality of my life., Dr. Gerhardt also said that the surgery is risky, but that they are very good at it with much success. Are the german surgeons more successful at removing painful adhesions or are the guys in Pennsylvania just as successful? Is it necessary to use spray gel to not have adhesions return? How could you do a surgery and not get more adhesions? I am confused and scared and want my life back[Iwas an athletic dancer and surfer before and do not really want to be a couch potato now for the rest of my life. I think I would rather move to northern Thailand where the elders in the hilltribes smoke opium in their later years for aches and pains. I don't like drugs but i don't know if I can handle this achey pain forever. Thanks for listening Flick

--
flick1@earthlink.net

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: