upper abdominal adhesions

Sat Jun 1 11:12:16 2002

Hi everyone My name is flick and I am a man who had a gallbladder surgery a year and a half ago and am still sore and inflamed and in pain in the surgical areas especially after exercise or eating. the surgeon used a laprascope but cut through a lot of old scar tissue from an old gunshot wound. so i am very anxious, worried and depressed from this problem that has been with me for so long now and that is severely compromising the quality of my life. I am very positive that i have ARD. I spoke to Dr. Gerhart from the New York surgeon's group on the phone and he said that the adhesion surgery is risky but that they are having an 80% success rate. Of course, I am very afraid of more surgery, since it was a surgery that is causing all of my present pain and trouble. I wonder if it would be better to go to Germany where they can use that new spray gel to keep adhesions from reforming. From what I read here, it is also much cheaper for the surgery in Germany too. I heard that a Dr. Korell does adhesion surgery. Does he just work on women's gynocological surgeries or can he also do the upper abdomen of a man? If not, does anyone know of another German surgeon who is as skilled with similar techniques who could do the upper abdomen? I hope that this post gets on the board, because I posted twice last night and nothing appeared on the board and I could really use some information and support for this. Thanks to all flick

--
flick1@earthlink.net

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: