Karla

Sun Jun 2 22:41:12 2002

Dear Karla,

I miss you more than words can ever describe, but my post wasn't about placing blame or asking people to choose sides, if it had been, I would have posted the letter pulling my post apart line by line - and no it wasn't YOU who did the analysing or the comments, you simply forwarded it to me by request from someone else. My only reason for writing about it, was in a vain hope to make people understand that when we write on this board, we do it out of wanting to help others get through their troubles.

All I was trying to say through that post was that there are other more gentle ways of bringing concerns to a friends attention. I didn't know that I was being talked about! No-one gave ME the opportunity to explain or see that some of my posts were a little off the mark.....but why didn't any of you simply email me or discuss it in a chat like the many many we have had over the last weeks and months?? I am not blaming anyone and not asking anyone to choose sides, all I am saying is there was MANY different and more gentle ways of letting someone know how "some people" were feeling....THAT is what hurt me the most.....and the reason for my post.

I was going to stop posting on the board, but after thinking about it and talking to some friends.... I decided I wouldn't.... I didn't name names for a reason Karla and that was because the post was about highlighting the need for us all to understand that we all have other pressures and worries going on in our lives and sometimes someone posts something and we think what?????? BUT never have I commented on it, just let it go as a bad day.... because Karla, as you know we are all entitled to a bad day...... I also know about your rough times and I cherished our friendship I told everyone all about you. You were the one who brought it out into the open, so Karla I say to you, as I said before, there are ways to let a friend know that there are concerns about my posts..... to send back my letter highlighted, discected & analysed and then commented on OUT of context was BRUTAL. I would NEVER treat another human being that way, and I am sorry that you felt compelled to let everyone know that one of the two was you..... I valued our friendship and will hang on fondly to the happy memories of great conversations and discussions. I have great respect for your courage and your will to live and your fight to live it with dignity as best you could. You are still in my prayers Karla, you always have been and always will be. BUT there is a hole in my heart where our friendship lived.....

When the other members of the board read this, please do NOT judge Karla for her words, DON'T comment on our messages to each other. I too want this to rest here, I want it to go no further, I want it to be simply a lesson in how easily we can hurt each other when our pain & suffering is great and our spirit is busy fighting to keep us boyant.....

--
Love and gentle hugs,
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
NSW Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer
reaching out to help others.