Re: Please Help!!

Fri Jun 7 03:54:25 2002

Karen, I'm so sorry you have had to endure all this pain and run around from the health care providers. I'm also, in search of a doctor. My pain is at suicidal levels and pretty much been written off by my HMO. I have been told of many good doctors in NY, PA, and Germany. But, I just know names this far. I'm fairly new to this site and I'm still learning. I have an HMO, and they won't do anything for me. So insurance probably isn't is big as a factor as you might think. I have decided to find out all I can about all my options, barriers, ect. before I decided much. Without insurance it will cost us a lot of money. I'm not sure of how much that will be yet though. We aren't rich and I have know idea where the money I need will come from. My husband says we will do whatever it takes to gain our lives back. I have a STRONG faith in God, his faithfulness, and miracles. That is what makes me continue my fight. Plus, my little ones, who need their mommy. If I can help, feel free to e-mail me. This site is a blessing to me and many others. You will be in good hands, for once maybe :)!!

Love in Christ, Jill

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Karen Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 10:44 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Please Help!!

Hi Y'all,

I am Karen from Birmingham, Alabama. I have had several abdominal surgeries and have already had two surgeries to remove adhesions. Both were successful and I felt wonderful after. Now, however, I have no insurance and I am having another flare-up of severe abdominal pain. I have "charity care" through the University Medical Center in Birmingham, but the ER doctors (I have been twice in the past week) Say I am not dying so they sent me home. I finally got an appointment with a general doctor but he just gave me a prescription for an anti-depressant and sent me on my way. He NEVER even requested my record from my previous doctor who is familiar with my problems and who has done my previous surgeries! I am flabbergasted! I even asked this new doctor if he would at least communicate with my previous doctor and he just said that I had extensive blood-work done and a chest and stomach x-ray when I went to the ER and since those were negative, I must be fine.....WHAT!! I know this type of treatment happens everyday to patients to some capacity, however, this is the first time it has happened to me. I feel defenseless and desperate because I have no insurance and I can't "shop around" for a doctor who cares. I cannot live this way and feeling hopeless is making me absolutely crazy!

Does anyone know of a doctor somewhere out there who can help me? I can even fly within a certain air mile radius of my home through a charitable oragnization called AirLifeline. They are wondeful. My challenge now is finding someone who can help me even without insurance. I wish we could go back to the day of bartering ;)

Thanks in advance even if I don't find help, I am happy I have found this network of people who at least understand the way I feel.

Karen Earl

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: