Re: Have operation or live with nausea

Mon Jun 10 18:20:39 2002

Hi Jim:

You know, I tried different meds for nausea, and the only thing I found that helped me was some good old fashioned peppermint tea. After all the drugs, it seems kind of silly that the tea helped, but if you can get the real leaves they work better than the stuff you buy in the stores. I got mine from a first nations reserve, and I usually have to drink two or three cups before it helps.

Best wishes,

--
Clare

At Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Jim wrote: > >Three years ago I had surgery for a complete bowel obstruction. The >surgeon found the >bowel was “twisted” but did not know why. He also removed my appendix >claiming it >was diseased. I’m still not sure why, but the Gastroenterologist >thought my gal bladder >my have been part of the problem, so a couple of weeks after they opened >me up for the >blockage, they did a laparoscopic procedure to remove it. > >Last year I had another complete blockage. This time they found my gut >was “frozen” >being completely bound with adhesions. It took the surgeon over three >hours to cut all of >them. > >I have suffered from constant nausea since that operation. No pain, >just nausea. After >months of tests they finally did a procedure called enterolysis, where >they put an NG tube >through my stomach into my small intestine and then filled it with >barium. This showed >without a doubt a partial blockage of the small intestine. > >My Gastroenterologist thinks the surgeon may have missed an adhesion, >since I have had >the nausea since the operation. He referred my to a surgeon at >Froedtert’s in Milwaukee >who is experience at latroscopily removing adhesions. > >My questions is should I live with the nausea or take a chance on the >operation causing >more problems. I do not have any pain, just constant nausea. No >medication seems to >help the nausea. > >Thanks

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: