My obgyn surgon told me adheasions dont cause pain

Thu Jun 13 23:07:50 2002

Hello all My name is Chantale Schaeffer and Ive had chronic pelvic pain since I had a cesarean section two and a half years ago. Last month during an emergency laparotomy the surgeons found that I am full of adheasions. My left tube and ovary is encased in adheasions and It is also attatched to my large bowel. I had adheasions over most of my right tube and also quite a bit of adheasions on my liver. The pain I am feeling is indescribable. I just was at my post operative exam and the surgeon says that he dosent think my pain is related to adheasions he said that it is very contraversial about pain being related to adheasions. This however is not my regular gyne and i am to see him on Monday to decide about surgery to remove the adheasions. I feel like everyone is thinking the pain is all in my head. Can anyone please help me in understanding adheasions and how they cause pain and also a bit about the surgery to remove the adheasions. For instance how long I will need to stay in the hospital.

Thank you for your time in reading my letter and any reply would be greatly appreciated.

--
Chantale Schaeffer
chillyb@excite.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: