Re: Shawnna - homeschooling 4kids!

Sun Jun 16 17:52:51 2002

Joanne hi how are you? Well in answer to your question about pain relief I have been very blessed. Up until a few weeks ago I suffered so much, but through a couple of wonderful doctors and physical therapy group I am doing so much better. I take oxycontin 20mg twice a day for pain and was taking percocet for break through pain but last week my gyn told me about the Tens machine and that some women were having good luck with it so I jumped at the chance and started physical therapy last Wed. and recieved the machine and let me tell you it is wonderful!!!! I no longer have to take the percocet just the oxycontin now. This machine works miracles for bowels spasms which as you know pain meds just don't help in that area. I can still tell the pain is there but the Tens neutralizes it so it doesn't hurt. As for homeschooling , it is not always easy but it is so very important to me and the kids and I have so much fun. You know how you said that it is hard to handle the energy your girls have when they come home at 4:00, well believe it or not homeschooling the kids has just changed the kids whole ways of behaving. Our days are feeled with so much and everything seems to fall right into place. I remember what those days were like when the kids burst through the door about 4:00 with this wild energy and all of them talking at once fighting for my attention now they all recieve one on one attention all day long and it just flows at an easy pace. I feel I finally "know" my kids. It is just amazing the things I am still learning about each of them, and they are growing so much emotionally and mentally. Their self esteem has just sky rocketed. They learn so much faster and cover twice as much material as they did in school. I am a very tough teacher, sometimes they joke with me about returning to school just so the work won't be as hard. Also my best friend homeschools her 3 children so we do a lot of things together. We make a point of the kids all getting together at least once a week for special projects or game day and this really helps too. I look back now and don't see how I ever sent them off to school I love homeschooling!!!! I am not going to lie and say it is always easy, but it is easier than sending them to school. It is also expensive at times because I purchase a lot of extra materials I feel are important. One more thing I found very important is having a classroom, we have one room in our home that is fixed up just like a school room, desks, chalkboard, bookshelf, well just the works... Sorry to go on and on I get very excited telling others about the wonders of homeschooling I would encourage every parent to at least try it, for it will change your lives!!!!! Also if you can try the Tens for it is also what I call the "miracle machine". Hope you are having a good weekend and again sorry for just going on and on!!!! LOTS OF LOVE SHAWNNA

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: