Re: Terrible Pain During Ovulation

Tue Jun 18 09:17:10 2002

Barb:

My pain has been a lot like yours. When I saw your message, I felt like we're sharing the same body. I have suffered from terrible pain and bloating mid-cycle for a week or two for the last 10 years following a myomectomy and two C-sections. A large fibroid was right below an ovary. The pain became worse the last two years. I had a laparoscopy last August. Two surgeons spent two hours cutting away dense adhesions, but they immediately reformed, according to another surgeon who performed gall bladder surgery three weeks later. Being on birth control pills for the last five years or so never helped me.

After the lap, I was pain-free for a couple months. Then the pain returned full force. The good news is I have been on Neurontin, an anti-seizure drug that scrambles pain pathways, since February and I'm now pretty much without pain. I'm also on a tricyclic anti-depressant and the anti-inflammatory Celebrex, both for pelvic pain. It took awhile for the drugs to work.

Neurontin doesn't help everyone and some people have side effects, but I think it's worth a try for those experiencing pelvic pain. Are you going to a pain clinic? Anesthesiologists who run those clinics seem to know the most about controlling pain.

Don't get discouraged. Last year I felt I was the unluckiest person in the world because I was miserable with pain, but then I found this site and realized how many people are in our shoes. There are drugs that can help us reclaim our quality of life. Check out the past postings on this site related to pain control.

Welcome to the site! I know the people who post here are glad to share what they know.

Marilyn

At Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Barb wrote: >
>I think I finally found the site where I belong. I have had a problem
>with bloating and a "swelling" feeling around my reproductive organs for
>the last three months. I've had every test for OBGYN and GI done - from
>colonoscopy to vaginal ultrasounds - and they see nothing. I've been
>given wrong diagosis of IBS. I just know my body and I know I must have
>adhesions. Here is my history.
>Had first lap - found stage 3 endo and adhesions - left tube and ovary
>adhered to bowel - all was lasered off. Second lap had left tube tied
>off.Right after the second lap I noticed mild pain during ovulation -
>never had this before. This was two years ago. Well, it's been going
>on now and getting worse.
>Tonight I have pain so bad that I it is radiating to my rear end - it
>feels like the pain is also up inside my bowels/colon. I was told to
>take BC pills to stop ovulation - this only mildly helped the last few
>months. I have a mild bloating and tugging and swelling all month.
>Does this sound like adhesions? Has anyone else experienced this? Is
>there anything that can be done to stop all this?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: