Re: Cathy - Information for Rosemary

Sat Jun 22 23:58:28 2002

Hi Chrissy, Sorry I haven't been on the message board in a while. Yes, you did give me information on Drs. R & R and believe it or not, I've spoken with Dr. Redan. He was absolutely wonderful. To sum up a very long 10 days - here's the scoop. My sister got married to the man she has been living with for the past 6 years. He has great insurance and she should be covered by his BC/BS. My sister cannot see Dr. Redan until a few things happen - first, she still needs her medical records. The hospital has not sent them yet even though she calls every day. Two, she needs to fax over to BC/BS her marriage certificate (which she will do on Monday)so that she will then officially be on her husband's insurance. Once that happens and she receives her insurance card, I have to fax the insurance card to Sue from Dr. Redan's office and she'll let us know exactly what the coverage will be. Sue is afraid that BC/BS still might not cover her because of a pre-exisiting condition......hopefully, that will not be the case. In any event, whether she gets the coverage from BC/BS or not, my sister will be seeing Dr. Redan....she may have to go as a "self-pay" patient but we're certainly hoping that's not the case.

Lyndsey from Dr. Redan's office advised me to email him a brief history about my sister. I did that and he immediately wrote back and told me he would call me that evening - which he did. I know that he is away for a couple of weeks. I'm so afraid he may not want to treat her. You have to see my sister....she's like this little child who is hanging on my every single bit of advice. Whatever I tell her to do - she does. If Dr. Redan should decide not to help her, I just know it would put her over the edge. She feels a little ray of hope now, as opposed to the other doctors who knew her for 15 years and just decided not to treat her anymore. It's all such a mess and pretty sad. She got married on Friday....she was so happy...it was very nice. I feel bad for her but I don't dwell on the negative. I have strong positive feelings about Drs. R & R.

Thanks for remembering my sister. I really do appreciate it. I was away for a few days and couldn't get to the message board. I will definitely keep you all posted on the progression of this mess. Thanks again.

Rosemary

At Sat, 22 Jun 2002, Chrissy492@aol.com wrote: >
>Hi Cathy,
>I thought that I gave all that info. to Rosemary. I sent her an email a few
>weeks back and let her know how Dr. R&R works...... ") Thank God I have 2
>health insurance's. I did have to pay a prepayment for them. That I was
>saving all my pennies for.
>I had Dr. Redan as my primary doctor and he does accept BC/BS so that's a
>help - it's Dr. Reich that doesn't deal with any insurance companies. So
>again, I had Dr. Redan as my primary doctor and Dr. Reich as my secondary.
>With Dr. Redan as my primary, his office submits all the paperwork for
>insurance and includes Dr. Reich. I know it sounds confusing, but that's how
>the process is working for me. I did receive my first bill and of course did
>a follow up call to my primary health insurance to make sure they received
>the bill.
>It's a lot of phone calls.........
>If there is anything else I can help out with, I'm right here. ") Hope this
>helps. I thought that Rosemary got the ball rolling already with their
>office? Can you please find out for me, I lost her email address. "(
>Thanks my sweets,
>Love and lots of hugs,
>~Chrissie xo's