Re: Scar Tissue

Mon Jun 24 10:47:59 2002

Dear D.;  As you know from reading these postings, surgery causes adhesions.  The more surgery, the more adhesions. 

Get a second and third opinion, and if you HAVE TO have more surgery, chose a Dr. who has extensive experience working with patients with adhesions.

You may want to consider that you may have an allergy to latex, and/or the powder in latex gloves/products.  Ask your surgeon, and the *entire* surgical team to use NON LATEX gloves and tubing.  These are becoming more & more available in hospitals as medical professionals are developing latex allergies themselves.  I developed an allergy to latex out of the blue, while wearing a regular band-aid (just the type you buy at the grocery or drug store).  A rash, similar to a second degree burn quickly developes, then my skin dies and peals off. 

People who have had experience with adhesion barriers can give you information about them, but they're not widely used or accepted.

My prayers will be with you.  May this be your last, and completely successful surgery.  Let us know how you're doing.

A. Trent

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: