Re: Surgery -- how long does relief last?

Mon Jun 24 17:31:09 2002

Dear JMeyer:

Sorry I didn't see you name at the end of the message...I have been pain free for 16 months now. I had an adhesiolysis last March 22, 2001 with Dr. Gerhart and Dr. Redan in Scranton, PA. They are, in my mind the best at what they do.I recommend contacting their office and having one of the surgeons call and speak to you, they can help. I can't guarantee I will pain free forever, but for now, I am living pain free..and for that and the doctor's that believe in us up in PA, I am grateful. I hope this helps.

Sincerely, another ARD Sufferer,

--
Karen Carter
Woodbridge, VA

At Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Janet wrote: > >Any of you who have had surgery for adhesions -- how long did the relief >last? I have had chronic nausea for five years, since my appendix >ruptured. Some docs say it's from adhesions, some say absolutely not. >At any rate, lately I've gotten much worse and also have severe pain. >Latest doc said it's from adhesions but to not have surgery because it >won't help. But pain meds just make me sleep all day. > >How long do you get relief for in surgery? Those who have had long >relief periods, who did you see? > >Thanks

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: