When to go to ER???

Fri Jun 28 09:10:06 2002

Hello everyone.I am so sorry to keep posting these queestions but now im really scared. I woke in the middle of the night with what felt like a knife ripping down my left side. I went to sit on the pot as that is how it kind of felt like I had to do. The pain just got worse and worse. I had a small bowel movement but not constipated but the pain diddnt go away it just kept getting worse still. I almost got my husband to call an ambulance as I was very close to passing out from the pain. It also felt like I was going to vomitt at the same time. It was a really odd feeling. I decided not to go to the hospital because im scared about dealing with any doctors.But at the same time my surgeon thinks that I already have a partial obstruction due to adheasions sticking my large bowel to my side wall and posterior cul-de-sac. Now the pain felt like literally my guts were tearing apart inside. This morning there is still alot of pain but has diminished some . I just dont know what to do I cant get into see the surgeon till the middle of July? If this happens again or by later tonight it hasent gotten better should I go to ER and deal with the Docs or should I wait it out ?????????? I am just scared of a total obstruction..Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Love Chantale

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: