Pain is Back May be looking at another surgery

Fri Jun 28 22:23:49 2002

I have had 5 surgeries in the past 3 years the last two were to remove my ovaries. It seems I had so much scar tissue in the first attempt that they left ovary remnants which have grown into painful fluid filled cyst. Can not make much out of report from MRI it said: There is an approximately 4.8x3.5x3cm septated oval mass in the lower left quadrant which demonstrates decreased signal intensity on T1 and increased signal intensity o T2 suggested of a fluid filled structure. This is suggestive of the left ovary but reportedly this has been removed. This may be secondary to a left ovarian remnant, seroma, lymphocele or other cause. There is a second similar appearing structure on the right. It appears to be fluid signal intensity with a septation and is located superior to the right lateral aspect of the bladder. It measures approximately 2x2x1.2cm. This may represent a right ovarian remnant. The uterus is not seen consistent with the history of hysterectomy. The visualized portions of the bowel are within normal limits. There is a small approximatley 1cm lesion in the proximal left femur. This follows fat signal intensity on all pulse sequences is most suggestive of a intra-osseous lipoma. Incidental note is made of dediccation of the L5-S1 disc.

In the past 3 weeks my hormone levels have dropped very low even while being on a HRT. The pain is also back except now in several new places. I go back to the doctor Mondy so he can go over this info and let me know what my options are. I would really like to hear what you guys have to say on this. I live in NC and the DR I have seems to be the best in this area, I just need to know what other ways this can be treated and will surgery be the only answer. I am on pretty high doses of pain meds and he has me scheduled for a pain management clinic in August. I have been down this road to many times, please help me!!!

--
Brenda

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: