Re: Adhesion nightmare

Wed Jul 3 12:16:12 2002

Dave, You might check with the University of Arizona Hospital Laproscopic Surgeon s to see if anyone there can help. Is there a Univ. hospital there? I would just stay in Phoenix myself and find someone. I don't know if "the famous clinic" would be of much help. I was there myself and wasn' t impressed too much but it may have been the dr. I went to. Kel -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 11:39:40 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Adhesion nightmare For the third time now adhesions have formed in my dads abdominal cavity and obstructed his intestines. This time while traveling through CA. Over the past two weeks he has had two operations without success in clearing up the situation. The first surgery took over 7 hours to cut away all the tissue formed around the intestines and abdominal wall just to get to the areas closed off by the adhesions. When dad did not fully recover and was able to eat withing two weeks it was determined that he had another blockage and the MD went in to clear that blockage. Long story short he couldn't even make it to the blocked area because the intestines were so fragail they kept tearing apart. 5 hours the Md gave up. I arranged for a private medivac plane to get him flown from this small town back to Phoenix AZ so at least the folks were in a larger town with more resources and they would be home and get mom out of hotels. The word dad got last night from a local surgeon was that his condition would take 3 to 4 months to heal the intestines enough to withstand another surgery to try and cut out the blocked bowel again. My question for anyone is doe's this proceedure sound par for course and time frame. Is there anyone in the Phoenix area that has handled such a case and has any suggestions for a faster recovery etc. I am grasping for any help we can get. Thanks in advance for your help and info. DAve O.
--

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: