Re: 8 Months of Abdominal Pain, How Do I Know if it ia Adhesions?

Mon Jul 15 08:14:19 2002

Hi L Scott:

Welcome to the IAS forum.

I think Evelyn's suggestion that you get checked for a hernia is an excellent idea. There are many different types of hernias, and you may have one in your abdominal wall that either is referring the pain to your groin area or possibly you have two hernias. I don't know very much about them, but I think I read once that some hernias can be easily overlooked by Drs, as some are more elusive than others.

If I find anything I will post it here.

Wishing you pain free moments, hours and days.

--
ClareS

At Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Evelyn wrote: > >At Fri, 12 Jul 2002, LScott wrote: >> >>Hi, >> >>I stumbled across this forum as I searched for information about >>adhesions. I was looking for it after my doctor mentioned that my >>chronic abdominal and pelvic pain could be adhesion related.....but then >>he left it at that. >> >>Here is my history. Approximately 9-10 months ago, I was involved in >>some serious abdominal exercise training....... I think I over did it >>by a long shot. I woke up one day before Christmas with a sharp, almost >>knife like, pain in my right lower quadrant. Thinking it could be an >>appendix, I went to the ER and they said I was fine (after doind blood >>work and some xrays). The RLQ pain subsided in a few days. The a week >>later, I developed the same pain, this time in the Left lower quadrant. >>The pain was significantly worse when I pressed on it or twisted my >>torso. Since that time, the pain is almost always there.... usually on >>the left side and usually is specific spots..... one near my navel and >>one lower, near my groin. It also appears on the right of my navel. The >>pain is very localized and does not seem to have any connection to bowel >>functions. >> >>I have had a colonoscopy (normal), an abdominal CAT (normal) and a >>pelvic CAT (a few diverticuli and slightly enlarged prostate as well as >>evidence of colonic spasms). The GI doctor told me that it was nothing >>to worry about as my blood work showed no signs of infection. >> >>However...... the pain continues. It will fade away sometimes to >>almost imperceptable, until I touch one of the "hot spots" or I twist or >>stretch my torso and it sets of a cascade of sharp pain. The pain is >>very shallow (if that is the correct term), in other words, it doesn't >>feel like it is coming from deep inside, but right at the abdominal >>wall. >> >>What does adhesion pain feel like? It is easy to read about "abdominal >>pain", but there are so many different types. My girlfriend keeps >>calling in a stomach ache..... but thats not it at all. No nausea, no >>constipation or blood in the stool, just the pain like I was being >>stabbed with a knitting needle. >> >>Sorry for the long post........ but I haven't found any other place >>that I could ask this question. BTW, I am a 37yo male, with no >>surgeries. With the myriad of experience here with the terrible >>affliction of adhesions, I was hoping that someone could describe the >>pain in more specific terms than "abdominal pain" or "stomach ache". >> >>Thanks...... L Scott >> >>You can email me if you prefer..... that would be super!! > >-- >Hi L Scott, just a thought has anyone checked to see if you >have a hernia. My surgeon was just going to fix around my >navel, he found my abdominal muscles had seperated about 2 >inched exposing my bowel and causing sharp pains and agany. >All the best Evelyn watsayyou@xtra.co.nz >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: