Laporascopy

Mon Jul 15 21:42:15 2002

I have been reading the recent posts about surgery with interest. I haven't posted before but I've talked with Helen and on the Wed. nite chat and I'd like to share my story. I talked to my OBGYN about surgery last week. He started out telling me all the risks which gave me instant cold feet about have it done. I thought it would be the answer to my problems but now I am not sure.

My adhesions started with a total hysterectomy 4-1/2 yrs ago due to having ovarian cancer. A few months later I started throwing up and had pain and extreme fatigue which continued every 4-6 weeks but it goes away in 3-4 days. Vomiting usually makes me feel a little better. In between, I often feel like a knife or pins are stuck in my stomach. Recently it's been happening more often especially when I do anything strenuous such as mowing the lawn. I've had every test including colonoscopy and endoscopy. I went to the pain clinic but gave up too quickly I think. I've also tried physical therapy which hasn't really helped but my therapist is the one who really believes I have adhesions. I have been very frustrated because I never know when I'm going have these episodes or how bad they will be. I also afraid of having bowel blockages. I was upset after my dr. visit last week but I realize now he is being honest and upfront with me. I am going to make an appt at the pain clinic again. My therapist commented that would only be masking the real problem but I don't feel comfortable having surgery at this point and I don't know what else to do. I am glad this website exists and also appreciate Bombo Beach. I would know nothing about adhesions otherwise.

--
Gail

--
Gail

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: