>whole lot of parts on my left side (tube, bowels, etc.). After I have
>children, I'm told to have laser surgery to remove the other 2/3. My
>questions are: Are there any infertility statitics available on
>adhesions? And does my risk of infertility rise considerably as I age? I
>don't want to wait too long before I have children, anyway, because I'm
>dying to get the other 2/3 removed. Also, should I get a second opinion
>on whether the adhesions can be removed now? Thanks, and I look forward
>to reading and posting here. Kim

Hello All! I am new to this so please bear with me. This has been the most nightmarish two years of my life and I am looking for people to talk with and learn from. I have had intermittent pain for over six years and these last two years have had constant continuous pain. I have spent the last two years being poked prodded, cut open, mistaken surgical procedures and with each operation have continuously got worse. I have not been at work for the better part of the last two years. I tried to return to my job and lasted two months and have been off ever since, I have taken more antiinflamatories, nsaids, narcotics and antidepressants than i care to count and the emotional rollercoaster is enough to push you over the edge. Recently i was referred to physio and they were using laser to try to break up the adhesions. Nine weeks of this(4 days a week) had me rolling in pain 24hrs a day and when i informed my doc he said that meant it was breaking them up. my pelvic area swelled after each treatment, and the burning stabbing pain wouldn't go below level 6 even after medication. I went to emergency and the doctor on call(not my regular physician) there was in disbelief. He put me on duragesic and told me to take oxycodone for the first 24-72 hrs until the patch became affective. He couldn't believe that I had put myself through hell for over a year. I have only had the patch on for 12 hrs so am keeping my head up hoping that this will be affective. I don't recomment more surgery if you have adhesions. My experience worsened after every surgery and when they remove your ovaries the hormones are very difficult to find the right combination. I am still trying to find the right combination and the removal of my ovaries only added more too deal with and fix and to top it off my ovaries were healthy. I hope you will reconsider that surgery. I wish you all the best on your decision.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: