Janice Simpson from Sally

Wed Aug 7 14:34:38 2002

Dear Janice, Welcome to the board. You are not alone. . Please go to the adhesions web page and read our stories. http://www.adhesions.org It might help you to know that there are many of us out there who live through similar pain, though every ones varies from person to person. But we care. You are not alone. Try reading some of Helen Dynda's emails from the past. She has found some great information on the net. With lots of love, Sally Grigg

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Janice Simpson To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 12:51 PM Subject: Re: My First Post

Dear Jackie, Hi I'm glad to meet you and I really thankful that this board has helped you. It sounds like you are having a rough time of it. Don't ever give up hope. There is new stuff out called Spray-Gel and it is looking very good. It is in clinical trials here in the USA and wont be available for a while, but it is a light at the end of the tunnel that if it works it will help us all immensely. Isn't it amazing how we have to change our lives completely with this horrible condition but we do it and keep on going. You hang in there. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Your friend, Jan

> ----- Original Message -----
From: ELEFUN4@aol.com Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 10:58 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: My First Post

I have gotten a lot of information from this group and I want to say a big thank you to everyone who takes time out of their extremely painful days to answer all the posts. You are a true inspiration to the many of us who just read without the courage to share our story. My name is Jackie, I have suffered from adhesions for over 13 years. I have been in serious pain for the last 3 years. The doctors have told me that nothing is wrong, it's in my head, and I even had an OB/GYN tell me to stop being a baby about my menstrual cramps and to focus on something else. I have had internal sonograms, external sonograms, test after test. I am on my 5th OB/GYN and his solution last year was "you need to have a hysterectomy, it is the only solution, I won't give you anything more for the pain" needless to say I am shopping for a new doctor. Thank God for my PCP after a long talk with my husband (my angel my rock)he finally gave me some pain meds. Some days I just feel like this will never get better. I am 34 years old I have 4 children ages 15, 13, 8, & 5 (the last 3 were c-sections). I don't feel like a person anymore, every aspect of my life is controlled by my pain. Some days I can't make lunch for my kids, or go for a walk, or take t! hem anywhere. I really feel like I am loosing my hope for the future, I want to be pain free- but i don't have the money to go see Dr.R in Penn, or Dr. Korell in germany. I guess I just feel lost. Well Thankyou for letting me vent. Jackie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : =

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: