Re: Short Bowel

Wed Aug 14 17:38:57 2002

Dear Bobbi:

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time after having such a large surgery. If the antibiotics aren't helping, perhaps a nutritionist who specializes in SBS could help you?

Bobbi, please go back to your Dr and insist that s/he help you. This is not a way to live. We had an employee with Crohns, and he had SBS. He told me that eventually they did a scoping during which they took samples for pathology to dertermine exactly what organisms were causing his recurrent infections, and then they targeted the particular bacteria. It did help him.

I have had intestinal infections (mine were an allergic reaction to antibiotics)and I know how nasty and painful they can be, so I can't imagine what you are going through! Please put this back on your Dr's shoulders - it is their responsibility to help you now.

Hugs and prayers for you.

--
Clare

At Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Sugarbear110263@aol.com wrote: > >I feel for you. My last hospitilazation was in April of 02 I spend 38 days >in the hospital, 2 surgeries of the removal of adhesions and they took out >111 inches of my Intestine. I have been out of the hospital for 2 months and >I have been on Antibiotics everyday since I came home and the entire time I >was in the hospital. I'm having 25-30 bowel movements a day, accidents 4 or >5 times a day. I really don't know how long I can go on like this and the >pain is wrose now than before Surgery. Love, Bobbi

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: